A man convicted of attempted murder has been sentenced to 55 years in prison.

Prosecutors say 47-year-old Oneil Thomas was found guilty of seven charges in connection to separate shooting and armed robbery in Sparks in December of 2022.

Police say the unidentified victim in the shooting suffered non-life-threatening injuries after Thomas fired multiple rifle rounds at the person and their car.

He will be eligible for parole in 22 years. 

UPDATE: NOVEMBER 3, 2023

The Washoe County District Attorney's Office says a man convicted of attempted murder will be sentenced on December 11th.

The DA's Office says a jury convicted 47-year-old Oneil Thomas guilty of seven felony counts, including Attempted Murder with a Deadly Weapon, Robbery with a Deadly Weapon, and Battery with a Deadly Weapon Resulting in Substantial Bodily Harm.

Thomas was charged in connection to separate shooting and armed robbery incidents in Sparks back in December of 2022. Sparks Police Department officers initially responded to an armed robbery at the Chevron gas station on December 11th at Victorian Avenue. The clerk told police that he had been cleaning when a man wearing a facemask and carrying an AR-15 rifle came into the store. According to the clerk, the man, later identified as Thomas, pointed the AR-15 at him and demanded money, ultimately fleeing the store with approximately $45 in cash. Officers attempted to find Thomas that evening but were unsuccessful.  

The next day, SPD officers responded to reports of shots fired near Howard Drive and E. Prater Way. Officers discovered a 35-year-old man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, along with his vehicle that had been shot. The victim told police that he had been in a shop when he noticed a man he did not know, again later identified as Thomas, watching him. Authorities say after the victim got back into his car and started driving away, Thomas shot at him 13 times with the AR-15 rifle, hitting him twice. The man suffered numerous injuries, including gunshot wounds to the back and leg. 

(The Washoe District Attorney's Office contributed to this report.)

ORIGINAL STORY: 

Sparks Police say this week's shooting suspect also robbed a Chevron gas station on Victorian Avenue the previous night. 

Police arrested 46-year-old O'Neil Thomas on Tuesday night for his alleged involvement of a drive-by shooting on Monday near Lincoln Way and McCarran Boulevard near the Sparks Marina.

During their investigation, police say they found evidence related to the shooting and the earlier armed robbery.

Police say the unidentified victim in the shooting suffered non-life-threatening injuries after Thomas fired multiple rifle rounds at the victim and their car.

Thomas now faces charges of Armed Robbery, Attempted Murder with the Use of a Deadly Weapon, Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Discharge Firearm from a Vehicle, Discharge Firearm into an Occupied Vehicle, Prohibited Person in Possession of a Firearm, Robbery with a Deadly Weapon, Possession of a Firearm by a Prohibited Person.

A GoFundMe page was created to raise money for the family of the victim who was injured in the shooting.

The link to donate can be found here: Fundraiser by Maven Blacke : Medical Bills and Car Repairs (gofundme.com)

If you have any information that can help authorities, call or text your anonymous tip to Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.Â