Pentagon Congress
- Manuel Balce Ceneta - AP
- Updated
Gen. Christopher LaNeve, acting Army chief of staff, testifies before the House Armed Services Committee hearing on the budget request of the Department of the Army, on Capitol Hill, Friday, May 15, 2026, in Washington.
Manuel Balce Ceneta - APAs featured on
The Pentagon is drawing down thousands of troops in Europe by stopping units from deploying to Poland and Germany as opposed to yanking those already stationed there. Several U.S. officials confirmed that 4,000 troops from an Army brigade are no longer en route to Poland this week. The Trump administration had previously said it was cutting U.S. forces only in Germany. The deployment was canceled after Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth signed a memo directing a brigade combat team to be moved out of Europe. That's according to two U.S. officials. One of them said the choice of which unit was left to military leaders. The memo also led to the cancellation of an upcoming deployment to Germany.
Most Popular
Articles
- NHP investigating rollover crash on Mt. Rose Highway
- Major traffic slowdown on northbound I-580
- Crash on U.S. 395 near Golden Valley Road causing major slowdowns in both directions
- NASCAR's Kyle Busch was short of breath, coughing up blood day before his death, 911 call reveals
- Reno warns residents not to flush ‘flushable’ wipes during Public Works Week
- Crash stops traffic on Vista Boulevard near Loop Road
- The differences — and similarities — in the Trump and Putin visits to China
- Reported rollover crash sparks heavy emergency response in Reno
- Wild Island shares reminders ahead of waterpark season opening weekend
- What to know before Nevada early voting begins
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.
