Islamic Center Shooting
- Jae C. Hong - AP
- Updated
People embrace outside of the Islamic Center of San Diego, a day after a shooting, Tuesday, May 19, 2026, in San Diego.
Jae C. Hong - APTags
As featured on
Authorities say the two teenagers who shot and killed three people in an attack on a California mosque had been radicalized online where they first met. Investigators said Tuesday that the pair shared white supremacist views and left behind writings showing their hatred toward various races and religions. Authorities also found at least 30 guns, ammunition and a crossbow at two residences after Monday’s attack. Authorities praised the security guard at the Islamic Center of San Diego and two other men who were killed for slowing the attackers. They say the victims helped stop the attackers from reaching schoolchildren just steps away. Police have said the shooters killed themselves.
Most Popular
Articles
- 55-Story Tower could become Reno’s tallest building in J Resort plans
- Washoe DA seeking death penalty against Nicholas Loving in Izabella Loving murder case
- Downtown Reno set for return of BBQ, Brews & Blues festival
- Mud gets the last laugh in off-road warning from CHP Truckee
- Firefighters contain small fire in Cold Springs
- Fallon Police seek help finding man in active investigation
- 5,000 square foot building burns down in Storey County
- J Resort looks to future after completing phase one projects, plans to transform Reno skyline
- Youth baseball camp returns to Greater Nevada Field in July
- Man arrested for pandering sentenced to four years in prison
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.
